Here is an A-Z guide for developing your Personal Brand.
Which of these 26 points will you take on to carve out your Personal Brand?
- Be AUTHENTIC about who you are – don’t try to be someone else.
- BRAND yourself – what is the emotional response you want people to have when they meet you, hear about you or see your online profile.
- COMMENT supportively on others to build your presence online.
- DECIDE what you stand for and clearly articulate it with whomever you meet.
- Distil your ELEVATOR PITCH in to one to two sentences, covering what you do, why you do it and what you are looking for.
- You only get one chance to make a FIRST IMPRESSION. Make sure it counts positively.
- Expect that someone will GOOGLE you before they meet you.
- HELP others first. Expect from others second.
- INFLUENCE by talking about other people, their wins, their ideas before your own.
- Be JUDICIOUS with all your social media posts so they only cast a positive light on you now and in the long haul.
- Build up your KNOWLEDGE about the main things you want your personal brand to represent.
- Invest in consistently building a personal brand presence on LINKEDIN by liking, commenting, sharing and creating your own content.
- MEASURE whatever you can in the progress towards your personal branding goals.
- Build your NETWORK before you need it.
- Be OPEN and brave about posting what you believe in.
- Discover your PASSION: use it as your core driver for the personal brand you build.
- Ask QUESTIONS: be interested in people, ahead of being interesting.
- RELATIONSHIPS: the more you have, the more opportunities you get.
- Master the SOCIAL MEDIA platforms that are relevant to your target market.
- Build TRUST with your target market by sharing your knowledge.
- UBIQUITOUS: Be everywhere. Show up online and offline.
- Create VALUE with influencers, clients and your prospects.
- Remember, people buy WHY you do what you do; not How and What you do.
- eXERCISE frequently to keep refreshed and energised.
- Take time out to nurture YOURSELF and rejuvenate.
- Have ZEST for everything you do in your niche.
* * * * * * * *